Friday, May 15, 2009

I think I should start a Metro book club...

Yesterday, I was reading D.A. Carson's Becoming Conversant with the Emerging Church on the Yellow line. A boy with a slightly Southern accent said next to me, and I kept reading.

I chuckled at an Alice in Wonderland reference in a footnote (page 84).

When the boy stood up to get ready to get off the Metro, he said, "Just out of curiosity, what are you reading?"

I told him a bit about the emergent church movement how Carson analyzes it and he asked me a couple of questions. When he first sat next to me, he looked vaguely familiar, but I have no idea why.

I think it's funny that not 24 hours after my last Metro-ride-book-conversation, I have another, with a completely different book.

Each led to interesting conversations too, even if neither lasted longer than a few stops.

No comments:

Post a Comment