Friday, February 5, 2010

My favorite songs in general and how they affect me today

My favorite hymns:

God Moves in a Mysterious Way--always super amused by the humerous ringtone like song on the last site, but the lyrics are just so rich. This is what I need to remember as the weather changes my plans.

Lessons from the song that I need to remember right now:
  • He plants His footsteps on the sea and rides upon the storm
  • The clouds will break with blessings on your head
  • Though the bud is bitter, the flower is sweet
  • God will make His word plain as we search it with faith
  • Frowning providence=smiling face

This song I just really like and cannot think about too much.

Hark, I Hear the Harps Eternal (third link has lyrics)
  • Need to say Hallelujah
  • What is coming: Land of perfect rest, mansions of the blessed
  • Glory to the great I AM
  • Soul fades, our inheritance though Christ does not
  • We go there to worship God, not for hedonistic reasons
  • This is important now, and worth meditating on, now and forever
  • This song always makes me thing of the Grey Havens at the end of Lord of the Rings, which is partly why I like it so much. The image of crossing over the water... love it.
The changes in my plans fit into God's plans, and God's way has an incomparable result.

No comments:

Post a Comment